All conference presentations and posters are to be accompanied by a brief technical paper to be published in the conference proceedings. Please see the formatting instructions and answers to common questions below.
- NOTE: Please use the revised header and smaller margins in the new templates below.
- The length should be no longer than 8 pages including all figures and references.
- The format should follow the template and instructions here:
- Template in Microsoft Word format
- Template in Adobe PDF format
- Template in LaTeX format LaTeX format. Note the changes in the above examples are not reflected in the LaTeX template. If you use this template, you will need to change the header to the revised header and the margins to the new sizes (1 inch or 2.5 cm)
- Regardless of your template, save your document as a PDF file for upload to the paper review system (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iemss2014).
- The paper should be prepared in a "camera ready" form.
- Do not add page numbers.
- Follow the references format used in Environmental Modeling & Software. See examples from a recent issue.
Paper Review System:
- We are using the "EasyChair" site to manage full paper submissions and reviews. EasyChair is giving us this service free of charge.
- With over 450 papers to review, please submit your paper on time and according to the requirements above. This will expedite the process.
- We will need your help to review papers. If you get a request to review a paper, please do so in a timely and helpful manner! Thanks in advance!
- To sumbit your paper, please use this link to access the iEMSs 2014 conference on the EasyChair web site:
- Can I change the title and/or list of authors from what was submitted in the abstract? Yes. However it is expected that the general content of the paper will not deviate significantly from your submitted abstract.
- I am presenting material from a paper previously published. Am I still required to submit a paper? No. If you are presenting a paper previously published elsewhere, then please simply upload a memo with the title, authors, and abstract of your paper, and indicate where it was published. This will allow people to find your work.
- I have some other reason why I can't produce a paper. What should I do? Please upload your abstract formatted according to the paper formatting instructions. Provide a statement about why you are not submitting a full paper.
- Once my paper is published in the iEMSs 2014 conference proceedings, can it be published elsewhere? Generally it is recommended that you extend and/or revise your paper before submitting it to a journal. This is one reason we request short papers for the conference.
- Will these papers be peer-reviewed? Yes. All papers will be read and reviewed by at least 2 blind reviewers. You will be given an opportunity to edit your paper after the review. Papers may also be rejected.
- What if my paper is rejected? Can I still present in the conference? If your abstract has been officially accepted for presentation then you may still present at the conference, but your paper will not be included in the conference proceedings. However, we would highly encourage all authors to make any necessary improvements to papers as requested by reviewers so that they can be included in the conference proceedings.
- Will the conference proceedings be indexed? We will provide an ISBN number for the conference proceedings. We are working on indexing options.
- My paper needs to exceed the 8 page limit for some reason. Can I do it? Please do not exceed the 8 page limit. If you have to remove a figure or some references or some background material, please do so. This will help expedite the review process.
- Will the conference proceedings be printed and distributed at the conference? No. To conserve paper, we will post the conference proceedings digitally on the iEMSs web site.
- What is the correct length for the paper? 6 pages? 8 pages? other? In the acceptance letter we have encouraged people to write 6 page papers. However you can expand this up to 8 pages. All figures and references should be included in this page limit.
- When will the paper submission link be active? Paper submission is now live. Please use the link above under "Paper Review System"!
- Can we add additional authors to our paper (other than included in our abstract submission?)? Yes of course. Please ensure all authors agree with the submission.