EMS publishing report May 2014The May 2014 publishing overview for the Environmental Modelling & Software journal has just been published, and the major news are that downloads are increasing. Among the most requested articles we find:
- iCity: A GIS-CA modelling tool for urban planning and decision making Volume 22, Issue 6, June 2007, Pages 761-773 Stevens, D.; Dragicevic, S.; Rothley, K.
- Selecting among five common modelling approaches for integrated environmental assessment and management, Volume 47, September 2013, Pages 159-181, Kelly (Letcher), R.A.; Jakeman, A.J.; Barreteau, O.; Borsuk, M.E.; ElSawah, S.; Hamilton, S.H.; Henriksen, H.J.; Kuikka, S.; Maier, H.R.; Rizzoli, A.E.; van Delden, H.; Voinov, A.A.
- A big data urban growth simulation at a national scale: Configuring the GIS and neural network based Land Transformation Model to run in a High Performance Computing (HPC) environment, Volume 51, January 2014, Pages 250-268, Pijanowski, B.C.; Tayyebi, A.; Doucette, J.; Pekin, B.K.; Braun, D.; Plourde, J.
And the most cited articles (October to December 2013) are:
- Cost-effective control of air quality and greenhouse gases in Europe: Modeling and policy applications, Amann, M., Bertok, I., Borken-Kleefeld, J., Cofala, J., Heyes, C., Höglund-Isaksson, L., Klimont, Z., (…), Winiwarter, W. 2011 Environmental Modelling and Software 26 (12) , pp. 1489-1501
- Characterising performance of environmental models, Bennett, N.D., Croke, B.F.W., Guariso, G., Guillaume, J.H.A., Hamilton, S.H., Jakeman, A.J., Marsili-Libelli, S., (…), Andreassian, V. 2013 Environmental Modelling and Software 40 , pp. 1-20
- Convergence and uncertainty analyses in Monte-Carlo based sensitivity analysis, Yang, J. 2011 Environmental Modelling and Software 26 (4) , pp. 444-457
The feedback from the author community shows an increase in the perceived refereeing standard, but a remarkable dissatisfaction with reviewing times. Apparently the two things don’t go hand in hand…