We are delighted to announce that the 2022 iEMSs Biennial Meeting will be held in Brussels in the week of 4th – 8th of July, and we look forward to the excellent team around Ann van Griensven and Jiri Nossent to welcome us all in person next year.
More details and a conference website will be launched in connection with our iEMSs site in due course.
We all thank the former President, Dan Ames, for his excellent service to the Society and his dedication during these last four years. Under Dan’s supervision we have launched the regional meetings, which will definitely be a fixed feature of our schedules.
We welcome Stefan Reis as new President and we all wish him the best of luck for his term!
SESMO (Socio-Environmental Systems Modelling www.sesmo.org) is an open access journal with the objective to progress our understanding, learning and decision making on major socio-environmental issues using advances in model-grounded processes that engage with institutional and governance contexts, cross-sectoral and scale challenges, and stakeholder perspectives.
SESMO is launching a call for a thematic issue on large-scale behavioural models of land use change. We are calling for contributions of scholars intending to present their latest research results on this topic.
The expected deadline for the submission of the contribution is the end of June 2021.
The Editor-in-chief is Tony Jakeman, and the guest editors of this special issue are:
- Calum Brown, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology;
- Tatiana Filatova, University of Twente;
- Birgit Müller, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ;
- Derek Robinson, University of Waterloo.
Follow the link to get more information on the scope and objectives of this call for papers
- iEMSs 2022
- The new iEMSs office and board are now in charge
- Call for papers: Large-scale behavioural models of land use change
- iEMSs 2020 – the 10th meeting of our society was a success!
- A Position Paper on Open Web-Distributed Integrated Geographic Modelling and Simulation to Enable Broader Participation and Applications