We all thank the former President, Dan Ames, for his excellent service to the Society and his dedication during these last four years. Under Dan’s supervision we have launched the regional meetings, which will definitely be a fixed feature of our schedules.
We welcome Stefan Reis as new President and we all wish him the best of luck for his term!
SESMO (Socio-Environmental Systems Modelling www.sesmo.org) is an open access journal with the objective to progress our understanding, learning and decision making on major socio-environmental issues using advances in model-grounded processes that engage with institutional and governance contexts, cross-sectoral and scale challenges, and stakeholder perspectives.
SESMO is launching a call for a thematic issue on large-scale behavioural models of land use change. We are calling for contributions of scholars intending to present their latest research results on this topic.
The expected deadline for the submission of the contribution is the end of June 2021.
The Editor-in-chief is Tony Jakeman, and the guest editors of this special issue are:
- Calum Brown, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology;
- Tatiana Filatova, University of Twente;
- Birgit Müller, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ;
- Derek Robinson, University of Waterloo.
Follow the link to get more information on the scope and objectives of this call for papers
More than 400 attendees from more than 40 countries have attended the first virtual conference of the iEMSs, available online at www.iemss2020.com.
- The new iEMSs office and board are now in charge
- Call for papers: Large-scale behavioural models of land use change
- iEMSs 2020 – the 10th meeting of our society was a success!
- A Position Paper on Open Web-Distributed Integrated Geographic Modelling and Simulation to Enable Broader Participation and Applications
- The iEMSs joins the call for transparency of COVID-19 models