EMS Position Papers
The aim of Position Papers is to represent a view of a specific topic and issue, which is supported and shared by the Editorial Board of the Environmental Modelling & Software journal. Yet, the Position Papers shall not be just academic exercises: on the contrary, they must be a source of useful information, building on and synthesising our knowledge, and contributing to the delivery of good practices in the difficult tasks of modelling, understanding, predicting and managing environmental systems and developing associated software applications.
Here you can find links to all published Position Papers, from the most recent to the first ones.
- Evolutionary algorithms and other metaheuristics in water resources: Current status, research challenges and future directions, Environmental Modelling and Software, 62, 2014, 271-299.
Maier H.R., Kapelan Z., Kasprzyk J., Kollat J., Matott L.S., Cunha M.C., Dandy G.C., Gibbs M.S., Keedwell E., Marchi A., Ostfeld A., Savic D., Solomatine D.P., Vrugt J.A., Zecchin A.C., Minsker B.S., Barbour E.J., Kuczera G., Pasha F., Castelletti A., Giuliani M. and Reed P.M
- Selecting among five common modelling approaches for integrated environmental assessment and management.
Environmental Modelling & Software, Volume 47, September 2013, Pages 159-181.
Rebecca A. Kelly (Letcher), Anthony J. Jakeman, Olivier Barreteau, Mark E. Borsuk, Sondoss ElSawah, Serena H. Hamilton, Hans Jørgen Henriksen, Sakari Kuikka, Holger R. Maier, Andrea Emilio Rizzoli, Hedwig van Delden, Alexey A. Voinov
- Characterising performance of environmental models
Environmental Modelling & Software, Volume 40, February 2013, Pages 1-20
Neil D. Bennett, Barry F.W. Croke, Giorgio Guariso, Joseph H.A. Guillaume, Serena H. Hamilton, Anthony J. Jakeman, Stefano Marsili-Libelli, Lachlan T.H. Newham, John P. Norton, Charles Perrin, Suzanne A. Pierce, Barbara Robson, Ralf Seppelt, Alexey A. Voinov, Brian D. Fath, Vazken Andreassian
- Integrated environmental modeling: A vision and roadmap for the future Environmental Modelling & Software, Volume 39, January 2013, Pages 3-23 Gerard F. Laniak, Gabriel Olchin, Jonathan Goodall, Alexey Voinov, Mary Hill, Pierre Glynn, Gene Whelan, Gary Geller, Nigel Quinn, Michiel Blind, Scott Peckham, Sim Reaney, Noha Gaber, Robert Kennedy, Andrew Hughes
- The role of expert opinion in environmental modelling and management Environmental Modelling & Software, Volume 36, October 2012, Pages 4-18 Tobias Krueger, Trevor Page, Klaus Hubacek, Laurence Smith, Kevin Hiscock
- Environmental decision support systems (EDSS) development – Challenges and best practices
Environmental Modelling & Software, Volume 26, Issue 12, December 2011, Pages 1389-1402
B.S. McIntosh, J.C. Ascough II, M. Twery, J. Chew, A. Elmahdi, D. Haase, J.J. Harou, D. Hepting, S. Cuddy, A.J. Jakeman, S. Chen, A. Kassahun, S. Lautenbach, K. Matthews, W. Merritt, N.W.T. Quinn, I. Rodriguez-Roda, S. Sieber, M. Stavenga, A. Sulis, et al.
- A general framework for Dynamic Emulation Modelling in environmental problems
Environmental Modelling & Software, Volume 34, June 2012, Pages 5-18
A. Castelletti, S. Galelli, M. Ratto, R. Soncini-Sessa, P.C. Young
- Neural networks for the prediction and forecasting of water resources variables: a review of modelling issues and applications
Environmental Modelling & Software, Volume 15, Issue 1, January 2000, Pages 101-124
Holger R. Maier, Graeme C. Dandy
- Modelling with stakeholders
Environmental Modelling & Software, Volume 25, Issue 11, November 2010, Pages 1268-1281
Alexey Voinov, Francois Bousquet
- Ten iterative steps in development and evaluation of environmental models Environmental Modelling & Software, Volume 21, Issue 5, May 2006, Pages 602-614
A.J. Jakeman, R.A. Letcher, J.P. Norton
- The Position Papers of EMS
Environmental Modelling & Software, Volume 21, Issue 5, May 2006, Page 601 Giorgio Guariso, Andrea Emilio Rizzoli